10 Easy Ways to Reduce Your Waste in 2018
This year belongs to the sustainable folks: to those who chose to live with less waste, bring their own straw, support local food markets, and so much more.
This year goes out to the folks who are willing to change, and encourage others to change for the benefit of our earth and environment. Let us not loose track of why we choose to live more sustainably: for fresher air, cleaner oceans, a safer world for our children and grandchildren...
I've written a blog post on 10 simple steps you can take to begin to reduce your waste in 2018. Take one step and begin to make 2018 your year to make an impact.
1. Bring your own to-go containers for food & liquids.
2. Ask for your drink without a plastic straw.
3. Bring your own cloth napkin.
4. Bring your own utensils, or try using bamboo or compostable utensils.
5. Instead of buying new, gently used items at a second hand or thrift shop.
6. Learn more about local recycling programs & extend what you can recycle.
7. Look for unpackaged or bulk foods.
8. Give your old electronics another life by donating them to a local shelter or community program.
9. Learn how to repair what you own rather than buying a replacement.
10. Use your Green Upward bag next time you go grocery shopping!
Green Upward Bags will be for sale on this website shortly! Sign up for our community email, or follow one of our social media channels (all listed below) to be notified of when the bags are up!